Last week, I posted about the floor we were installing in our home and how exhausting and painful it was to get it put in. It reminded me of how “digging” into God’s Word could be painful as well, especially when the Holy Spirit uses it to “correct” and “train” us.
And as I look at our newly installed floor, I KNOW it was a worthwhile investment of my time and resources.
At the end of the post, I suggested you read 1 John if you needed a nudge to read your Bible and for you to underline the words “This is how we know…”
I feel the same way about God’s Word as I do my floor. I KNOW it will be worth the time it takes to study and KNOW what God says in His written word. You may be asking yourself, “How does she know it will be worthwhile?” and to that I reply, “I have read it over and over again during times of great distress and times of great happiness. It has always given me peace I cannot explain. Peace that can only come from an all-powerful God.”
This week since I suggested to you to “dig in” to 1 John, I thought I would look as well and I found this note by the title that reads “Word KNOW approx. 31 times” (in my NIV).
I have always been one to underline and make notes in my Bible. God’s Word has been so personal for me and I have found so much hope and promise, I couldn’t leave it to chance that I would find it again. I wanted to KNOW I could find it again.
Here are six (6) facts WE can KNOW from 1 John:
- We know that we have come to know Him if we obey His commands. (2:4)
- We know we are in Him if we walk as Jesus did. (2:6)
- We know that when He (Jesus) appears, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is. (3:2)
- We know that He (Jesus) appeared so that He might take away our sins.(3:5)
- We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the one (Jesus) born of God keeps him safe, and the evil one does not touch him. (5:18)
- We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one. (5:19)
May you be encouraged this week by the facts you can KNOW are in God’s Word.